
Sunday night and most of the day on Monday, we had rain, not quite snow and not quite sleet...we were concerned that the sled hill would be melted, but today we have very cold again so it is nice and solid. The ice on the trees is beautiful but it is heavy on the trees.
The other day Bob had ordered a lawn roller (one of those really heavy rollers that squash down the lawn to make it even), when he was on the phone, the person at the store said, "umm...excuse me sir, but do you really need one now, there is snow on the ground...?", but once Bob explained that it was to flatten out our landing ramp and to finish up the skating rink, the person at the store understood. So Wendy spent last night rolling our landing ramp and today they slide almost to the end of our yard!
Daniel and Justin took Tom down the slide the other night, so now we thought we'd let Tom really get the feel of the sled hill. The second video is a single rider actually going down the hill, it gets very woosy especially when you begin to spin at the bottom.
2 comments:
I loved the ride the other night!! Though I wasn't there in person,I could almost see it when I closed my eyes. Well, to be honest I couldn't safely close my eyes,because I was driving a car(at that time). Miss the snow, but I love the videos.
I guess it was one of those simulated rides, you know...where you are able to see and hear what is happening and yet not actually be there.
Post a Comment