Friday, October 3, 2008

Justin and off in the distance...

I was reading a book to Justin, it was a longer book and he is doing well following the story. As we were reading along I read, "the farmhouse was off in the distance". I continued. We turned the page and moved on, then Justin begins to ask, "where is the dentist?, where is the dentist?" I took me a few minutes to figure out what he was meaning, then I said to him, "distance", "off in the distance, meaning far away". He was still looking for Dr. Mike somewhere in the book. He continued to think. A couple pages later, he then says, "you mean like Whiteblack, swam off into the distance?" Then I really had to think. I then realized he was remembering the phrase in another story. He still amazes me, how you give him a piece of information and then he moves on with it. So today as we were driving around, he kept asking, "is that car off in the distance", "do you see any cars off in the distance", "is that traffic signal off in the distance", etc. you get the idea.

1 comment:

Ruth and Brian said...

Hello Dee,
Thanks for following along on our travel blog for Abigail in China. Your son from Korea is so cute too! I can only imagine how excited he must be for a little sister.

Congratulations on your new referral! And wow, you already have a Consulate appointment, that's fabulous. Since the CA is the last thing you do, I would imagine you guys will travel sometime the beginning of November. And what a beautiful time of year that should be. Our journey in early Sept left of with temperatures anywhere from the high 80's to the mid 90's with 50+% humidity. We never needed to iron our clothes cause by the time you go outside, if they had wrinkles, they didn't for long. With the warm temps sometimes it made it hard to breathe outside too.

If you are still interested in following along our journey at home, send me your email address and I will add you to the list (no pressure if you don't either).

Ruth
ruth@thinkfluidly.com

p.s. my boys are 16,14 & 12