Friday, June 27, 2008

A word from Justin....

When the older ones were younger, I often let them say certain words incorrectly...well because they were cute and it's hard to image but none of them were very verbal. (so any words were good, so I thought.) They were scaling walls and moving/running/climbing exceptionally well, but verbal skills were slower. (Just ask any of them for a "mapkin"). Justin has always had a unbelievable grasp of vocabulary and an amazing memory for words, names, cars, etc. So when he comes up with the words that are not quite correct, sometimes I just don't want to correct him. One, because he's cute and second the words he comes up with are often not the average words for a preschooler.



For instance,

Sunday, someone at church was "appetized" (baptized).

He's been asking for the "60 dog dilation book". (101 Dalmatians)

He also enjoys a good Scary Richard book. (Richard Scary)

When we want him to smile for the camera, we just say, "Say Lamborghini".

Addressing Abbey, Justin says, "Sister Erber" or "Sister Erber Girl"

He was surprised to learn that Mommy was married (he was a little worried I would have to leave), but when he ask who I married, I told him that I married Daddy. Hmm....was his reply.

1 comment:

Thomas DeL said...

I love it....I love it!!! He is so cute!!(don't tell him I said that)