
This reunion has been happening every year for the past 22 years. ( I remember b/c I was VERY pregnant with Abbey; Bob and I did not attend that 1st. year.) It is the reunion of the children born to Ollie and Glen Presley. My grandmother, Ollie Presley attended many of these first reunions, but has since past away. There were 10 original children, my mom is #9 of the 10. There are 30+ grandchildren (or the cousins), the cousins have a bunch of kids (the great-grandkids), we're beginning to have a run on cousins becoming grandparents so these are the great-great grandchildren; there are great-great grandchildren that are adults, so maybe there are even great-great-great grandchildren to Ollie and Glen, but there are so many of us, I just don't know.
The above pictures are of the original siblings. I didn't manage to get one with all of them together, so I had to paste one together. Picture of the 3 girls, Aunt Wanda, Aunt Geneva and my mom (Verna). To the right my Uncle Carroll, he is one of the twins.
Uncle Bill sitting, he lives in MB, SC by my mom and dad. Uncle Joe bottom right.

My mom and my cousin Larry


My Aunt Naomi, started and helped organize this reunion, but she was unable to attend this year because of health reasons, Naomi is the first born of Ollie and Glen. My Aunt Naomi always kept a book, made sure everyone signed in and then made a recap of the year and of the reunion. So I'll try to do so here... There was a good number of attendees for the reunion, I think 50 or 60 relatives and spouses. We met at the fire house in Dawson, WV. Sherral and crew (Kevin on the grills outside) did almost all the cooking this year. Great as always. The oldest attendee was my Uncle Joe, the 3rd born of the original children. The youngest was Carson, who was just a couple months old, plus he was a preemie, so he was a peanut. Carson is Audrey's, daughter Amanda's 2nd child. My cousin Wayne and his wife had not been to the reunion since the early 90's (their children Kevin and Kelly had attended in later years). The oldest cousin attending was Audrey or Sandy (not sure which one is older-I may get myself in trouble, I'm fairly sure they are close in age.) The oldest great-grandchild...I'm not sure maybe Brad or Amanda. Kevin (Brenda's husband) had a trailer with a huge grill and then other smaller grills, we feasted. All the food was great. We ate, visited, talked, teased (lots of teasing going on, it is a Presley thing), played games, ate some more, talked some more, told some more tales. It was a wonderful afternoon.
Recap of the year: Many gathered in NC, just a couple weeks prior to the reunion to mourn the passing of my Uncle Mark, my Aunt Wanda's husband. He is remembered fondly by all of us and was a loving and amazing man. Weddings: our Abbey was married Feb., 2008. Babies: Robin's Heather had her 2nd baby. Sherral and Brenda both had new baby grand-daughters born to their sons. Sandy's son Randy adopted 3 children last August. I know there were graduations and probably more babies born, but I'm remiss. I'll need to add to this as I can remember occurrences or as people remind me. Let me know what I've missed.

No comments:
Post a Comment