Thursday, November 15, 2007

Guys fishing trip, June, 2007


A very happy Bob.
Bob Spez.
Edward
Rob J.



Daniel
Ed, Edward and Bob
Tom Sch.
They call this something special when they tie the boats together, but I can't remember...
Michael B.



Luke B.
Nick J.
Edward
Edward and Ed
The entire group.
Daniel
Bob Spez. and Luke B.








Back in June when we girls were traveling to Jamestown, our boys were traveling north to Canada for a fishing trip. (Sorry Tom, but I just have to return to June). :)

Anyway, our guys drove all night to end up in (kind of) west central Ontario, then were flown into an remote outpost and private lake for fishing. I'm sure I will not do justice to the trip, but I can tell you what I do know, perhaps Bob or Daniel can elaborate somewhere along the way, if needed. I do know the fishing was great. Seems everyone caught a large fish or just lots of little ones. There were no accidents or trouble, (Daniel did get bit by something and his mouth swelled, but nothing bad.) The weather was great, rain maybe one day. Rob James did a great job planning and implementing. I think the food worked out (they needed to carry everything in.) Bob even making (baking a frozen) apple pie one day. The fishing is catch and release, unless you are going to eat it that day. So they caught and released quite a bit, but were able to eat their fill of very fresh fish.

Who went: Of course Bob and Daniel.
Bob Speziale who is Bob's best buddy. Bob and Bob met at a crisis pregnacy "walk", where they were setting out route markers (or something like that.) Bob and I were ready to deliver Daniel any day and Bob and Nora were already expecting Kate. So that is a very long time ago.
Ed Baumgarten, who is Daniel's boss, came with his two sons, Luke and Edward. Ed also brought along a nephew, Michael Baumgarten. (Also, Bob Sp. is Luke and Edward's uncle.)
Rob James and his son Nick.
Tom Schowalter. Ten altogether, all very good friends who have been fishing together (and other things) for a long time.

I've got the slideshow down to about 3 min. The scenery is wonderful and lots of shots of good friends and good times.
Just click on the box and the slideshow should load.
If the slideshow is bothersome, switch to gallery view and you can pace the pictures and the music stops, I think. Many of the pictures are from Rob's camera, thanks Rob.

1 comment:

Thomas DeL said...

Wow finally pics from the trip..wink wink;) I feel like a nag. Looks like you all HAD(that is many months ago)fun.